Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stock Pot Ottawa Will A Stock Pot Work For This Bread Recipe?

Will a stock pot work for this bread recipe? - stock pot ottawa

I have a recipe has been obtained (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html?ex=1320642000&en=d5976d62a4577548&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss) very good reviews from fellow job.

The problem is the biggest I have is glazed ceramic, 4 QT, not big enough for that. However, I have a pot with good quality 8QT (Cuisinart), known to be baked at 550F.

So you think it would be an acceptable substitute for a pot of 6 to 8 qt heavy object? The recipe requires 30 minutes, preheat to 500F and bake the bread for 30 minutes covered and uncovered for another 15 to 30 minutes.

My concern is how safe it is exposed to the stainless steel pot on high for a long period as such. Am I better skip the whole pot.

Thank you very much.

4 comments:

Music said...

Stacy,

I suspect the biggest problem we face is that the bread from sticking to the steel pan, unless you season - a very sticky dough.

They seem to be many questions about the recipe for bread without kneading have. I recommend you read this blog expert Bread Baker Rose Levy Beranbaum. Also look for your blog, because there are multiple entries with a lot of information (including comments).

I had a pot or as a free form bread on a baking sheet covered with a Silpat (an option that is mentioned). The bread is just right - the only difference is that there are about 1 / 2 inch less than in the pot, the sides of the pot (to give the amount of bread). I would choose this option, on the stainless steel pot. Good luck!

PS There's also a recipe using a small boat.

druid said...

\\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ U0026lt;> could not set up your recipe, but have concerns about the use of a pan with foil recipe. The thin-walled pot can lead to heat unevenly and cause undesirable results. Cookware is usually thick enough to spread the heat. How do you (to halve the recipe to suit your bakeware, again, I do not see, so do not know if this is possible).

Barbara said...

Do you have a clay pot? Those who take off a hot stove. But I do not use stainless steel pot.

Barbara said...

Do you have a clay pot? Those who take off a hot stove. But I do not use stainless steel pot.

Post a Comment